Re: Wishing trolls away

From: Bill H <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 15:53:45 GMT

Paul:

"Paul" <paul_at_test.com> wrote in message news:BGlpc.3459

> OK I'm looking at: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2/
> What's the essential difference between UniData and UniVerse?
> It's not quite clear to me from the specs.

The differences are mainly implementation related. They do mostly the same things but were developed by two different teams using the MV model as a source. These implementations are production tested and work very well and scale to unbelievable levels.

> I see they are both touted as "extended relational databases", that's
> guaranteed to annoy some on this list! :)

I see you've noticed how difficult it is to describe something in someone elses terms. :-)

Hope this helps.

Bill Received on Sat May 15 2004 - 17:53:45 CEST

Original text of this message