Re: Grammatical Inconsistencies

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:55:28 -0400

"Timothy J. Bruce" <uniblab_at_hotmail.com> wrote
> Or maybe I'm just plain wrong,

I can agree with this part of your rant. Except for the word "maybe".

Look again. SELECT DISTINCT does, in fact produce a projection. SELECT ALL does not. The example you gave is apropos for SELECT ALL, and reinforces my claim that SELECT and SELECT ALL should not be synonyms.

I'm not just orthogonal. I'm orthodox. I'm right. Received on Sat Apr 24 2004 - 15:55:28 CDT