Re: Another Pizza Question

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:18:26 -0400

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:c5hj2i$7vg$1_at_news.netins.net...
> The classifications of "parts" for the pizza are a set, while each such
> "field" of data would have a list -- whether the trivial list
(corresponding
> to a null set), a single value in the list, or multiple values in a
> logically ordered list.

So there is logical order in the list as well as physical order?

I figured that the order was just a result of the implementation, which could be a linked chain of pointers. This might or might not have meaning, depending on common understanding between the writer and the reader.

So a list of Beatles as John, Paul, George and Ringo might or might not be expressing the same information as a list of Beatles as John, George, Ringo, and Paul. How do you know? Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 08:18:26 CDT