Re: Another Pizza Question

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:21:07 -0500

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:T-udnZWupsjpFuPdRVn-uw_at_comcast.com...

> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message
> > The classifications of "parts" for the pizza are a set, while each such
> > "field" of data would have a list -- whether the trivial list
> (corresponding
> > to a null set), a single value in the list, or multiple values in a
> > logically ordered list.
>
> So there is logical order in the list as well as physical order?

I don't give a lick about physical stored order, so I'm ONLY talking about logical order of the data and, at times, physical order of output of queries.

> I figured that the order was just a result of the implementation, which
> could be a linked chain of pointers. This might or might not have
meaning,
> depending on common understanding between
> the writer and the reader.
>
> So a list of Beatles as John, Paul, George and Ringo might or might not be
> expressing the same information as a list of Beatles as John, George,
Ringo,
> and Paul. How do you know?

You don't -- so don't remove the information if you don't have to IN CASE there is some information there.
--dawn Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 12:21:07 CDT