Re: Pizza Example

From: Tony <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: 7 Apr 2004 09:45:31 -0700

"Eric Kaun" <ekaun_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<hARcc.51781$ca7.11809_at_newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
> "Anthony W. Youngman" <wol_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > The problem I see with relational, is that it does not cope with -
> > indeed, denies the existence of - emergent complexity.
>
> I'll address the specific example below, but what does this mean in general?

I have learnt from past experience that Wol likes to throw in irrelevant but important-sounding scientific concepts from time to time. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Priciple comes up quite often, along with Godel's Incompleteness Theorem and of course Relativity v. Newton! The relational model is deemed wanting because it fails to take these into account, though it is far from clear how MV or anything else does other, nor why they should.

It's best to try to ignore these digressions, but I usually fail to do so... Received on Wed Apr 07 2004 - 18:45:31 CEST

Original text of this message