Looking for internet resources about database theory

From: News.Individual.NET <jim.cp_at_zonnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:10:14 +0100

I am a DBA who has been pushing buttons for more than 15 years who finally learned some real programming in Java. After a careful study of the HSQL and McKoi sources, the Java CC and other practical things I could find, I humbly ask the profs in this forum to some pointers to internet resources about database theory before I start coding too soon. I want to develop a mini database myself to get a real in-depth understanding of it all. And because it's fun. Any help is appreciated.
--
http://NiLOSTEP.com/