Re: Testing Various Data Models?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 04:10:12 GMT

After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> belched out:
> "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne_at_acm.org> wrote in message

>> Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when "Dawn M. Wolthuis"

> <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote:
>> > "Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com> wrote in message

> <snip>
>> _You're_ the one who was proposing the grand announcement.
>>
>> Responsibility for having a strategy to evaluate the merits of
>> alternatives therefore rests on you, not on anyone else.
>

> Could you point me to the emperical data that proves that the
> relational model is better for someone using it than any other? I
> am unaware of any previous tests, but would be happy to find out
> that there is such evidence.

No, that's your responsibility.

> Also, I'm quite certain that I am not the only one reading this news
> group that believes there are other non-relational models that hold
> significant advantages to companies employing them. So, no matter
> what model you think might be a good one, whether relational or not,
> how would you go about proving it to those who might wish to employ
> it? This isn't my issue -- it is an industry issue.

You keep on claiming such a belief; if it be true, then you should surely be able to locate quantifiable reports to prove your belief.

It's YOUR claim; proof is YOUR responsibility. Establishing metrics to support your claims is YOUR responsibility.

--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "_at_" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/sgml.html