Re: Tree (forest) design

From: Robert Stearns <rstearns1241_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:17:36 -0500

Mikito Harakiri wrote:
> "Robert Stearns" <rstearns1241_at_charter.net> wrote in message
>

>>I am working on a design problem where I have many (possibly
>>multinational) customers with tree structured administrative structures
>>(cust, nation, region, site, building for instance). At the leaf nodes
>>of the administrative tree, there is a tree organized location system
>>(building, floor, room, rack, bin for instance).

> Why <building, floor, room, rack, bin> is a tree?

Buildings have multiple floors, each having multiple rooms etc. Each of these entities may contain inventory items, and I want to be able to reference the inventory on any level, including (or not) the sublevels. For instance if the inventory referred to a manufacturing facilities, screws might be in bins, engine blocks on racks, body panels in rooms, etc. If you are dealing with car dealerships, the divisions might be the dealership, (branch (lots, buildings (rooms))). Received on Fri Feb 27 2004 - 01:17:36 CET

Original text of this message