Re: Null in subquery returns no records

From: Dan <guntermannxxx_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:14:29 GMT

What is the difference between a null, an "unknown value," and a null set?

Is a null set an empty set?

If a null set means "a set with an unknown set of values", then what good does that do us from a logical perspective. Isn't that set as worthless as an unknown value?

What is returned from a null set if you don't use nulls?

How does a null set help keep fidelity to two-value logic?

Thanks,

Dan