Re: Null in subquery returns no records

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:15:58 -0500

You will do yourself a favour to ignore Dawn. She is an idiot with an axe to grind who doesn't have a clue about effective data management.

Conflating NULL with the relational model is just one of her atrocious idiocies.

"Dan" <guntermannxxx_at_verizon.com> wrote in message news:FGbVb.244$4e3.185_at_nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> What is the difference between a null, an "unknown value," and a null set?

Who knows really? NULL and 3-valued logic have so many problems they have reams written on them. Even if one considers them useful, and I do not, the inconsistencies in SQL render NULL meaningless.

God only knows what Dawn means when she talks about a null set. She might mean an empty set and she might not. My guess is she is so confused in her thinking she doesn't really know herself.

The products she recommends are simultaneously complex and feeble.