Re: Would you like to get practical experience with a DBMS of a new generation?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:35:10 -0600

"Alexander Lashenko" <lashenko_at_unixspace.com> wrote in message news:3FFC1436.5B3189E1_at_unixspace.com...
> What do you mean 'blunder'? ConteXt has aggregate fields or 'multi-value
fields' if you call it so. What's
> wrong? ConteXt is not a relational database. Probably you never had a deal
with non relational structures.

It looks very worthwhile at first glance and you are right that there are many on this list that defend the relational model with religious zeal. Don't worry if you even get called "stupid" or an "idiot" as there are others on this list that resort to completely illogical methods (intimidation, for example) to counter anything that is not based on relational theory. From my initial perspective, you appear to be on the right path. Keep movin' Cheers! --dawn P.S. I'll take a closer look later.

> Joe \"Nuke Me Xemu\" Foster wrote:

<http://www.xenu.net/>