Re: Microsoft and the two great blunders

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:43:54 -0800

"Alfredo Novoa" <> wrote in message <>...

> We are going from bad to worse.

It's just the usual decade-old Micro$haft cretinism with a facelift. In MSVC--, for example, the "relation = type" fallacy is so ingrained that each and every query was supposed to have its very own type to contain the tuples. Idiocy, pure and simple. VB's Recordset was a lot better. At least they didn't require the set of attributes in a relation to be known at compile-time.

Joe Foster <>  Wanna buy a Bridge? <>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!