Re: Is this right?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:24:16 -0500

"Joe "Nuke Me Xemu" Foster" <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP> wrote in message news:1069343916.236497_at_news-1.nethere.net...
> "Mark Johnson" <102334.12_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message
>
> > Are there only about five to ten messages posted to this ng every day?
> > Is the traffic really that light? Or is my news server just not
> > getting anything?
>
> It really is low-traffic. You can also check http://groups.google.com/
> to see if your news server is missing stuff, but there really are about
> five messages per day that aren't about moving /everything/ into the
> DBMS, including the sending of email.

Given that Vadim, Mikito, Jan and Jan are the only folks likely to post anything novel with respect to theory, and given that Jan and Jan are busy with other things right now, I would say the newsgroup has a lot of traffic given the circumstances.

This is not a product-centric newsgroup where newbies ask the same questions thousands of times and sophomores answer them thousands of times.

A handful of we dilettants and a bunch of cross-posted trolls account for the majority of the traffic here. And of course, we get a steady trickle of students asking for someone to complete their homework assignments. Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 17:24:16 CET

Original text of this message