Re: foundations of relational theory? - some references for the truly starving

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 02:40:33 GMT

"Laura Hirsh" <lhirsh_at_gate.net> wrote in message news:tHBpb.4836$Oo4.2312_at_newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Mr. Badour,
>
> Frankly, you sir (and I use that term loosely), are an ass. I am tired of
> your uneducated, unprofessional, snide comments that serve no purpose. Get a
> life!!!

Let us hypothesize that it is rude of Bob to refer to people using words such as "idiot", "stupid" etc. Let us hypothesize that these words serve no purpose.

Is it then also rude to refer to Bob using words such as "ass", "unprofessional" and "snide"? Does doing so also serve no purpose? If not, could someone explain why? Is "he started it" sufficient justification?

I am actually curious as to the mental process that leads people to condemn with inflammatory language others for their use of inflammatory language. Or am I missing the issue somehow?

Marshall Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 03:40:33 CET

Original text of this message