Re: dbms/rdbms software & its environment

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:03:04 GMT

"Bruce" <brennie_at_dcsi.net.au> wrote in message news:64ea97cf.0310292012.4d6c2070_at_posting.google.com...
> "mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote in message
> [[ Stuff Removed ]]

...[summary point]...

> > However the experts appear strangely silent on the matter, preferring
> > to remain undividedly focused only on the engine component of the
> > overall assembly. Is this a fair comment?
>
> Relational database theory doesn't actually look at the engine but at
> the interface between the engine and the rest of the environment.

OK this makes some degree of sense in an existential mode. Thanks.

FWIW from my perspective everything concerns integrity. That the whole point of the database is to maintain data with integrity. That data without integrity is worse than no data at all.

Consequently I do understand
where you are coming from.

10-4

Farmer Brown