semantic data structure/web architecture and innate logic

From: Wick <member37571_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 15:01:53 -0400

Hi:

The way our semantic system works is inherently different than the traditional db/rdb. While dba's must define relationships and create rows, columns, tables and fields (static), ours does not require the implementation of these things to create dynamic relationships- we call the semantic data structure, "dynamic" for this reason, amonst others.

From readers' opinions and comments, I am seeing that people are trying to "normalize" our semantic structure into a rd model- which is really not possible. I am speaking language of: "semantic data structure" and we are not communicating. All Roads Lead to Rome, so if I can state or demonstrate we arrive at the same place, then perhaps, I'm achieving part of my goal for this post.

But I want to stress the structure I am discussing is as -or moreuseful  in the same application space as the static traditonal one you all use everyday. I need to prove that!

This system is built on a new model of human cognition and simulated dual memory. A two column system only. When two column memory is unified with underlying cognitive functionalities, innate logic occurrsjust  as in human brain. The two column memory contains a perceptual (data) memory and a conceptual (metadata) memory- conscious and subconscious, if you prefer. Multiple relations (one-to-many, many-to- one and many-to-many) can be established between the elements of two memories and when new data is introduced to existing ones ("is learned"), it falls automatically ing into dynamic relationships with existing data in memory. A Porsche is European, red, flashy, fast, high speed, two seater... the new word Porsche is categorized right along with existing data that has these same relationships and is categorized in the same group as Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW and so on. It is NOT categorized with Mustang, GTO, Accura, Toyota or Corvette because it is not related with "European". You KNOW the difference! Thus, we also achieve auto-categorization and specificity in retrieval. What is "innate human logic" in terms of semantic data structure? It is the same functionality which allows us to establish logical dynamic relationships amongst the data we learn everyday. Also to retrieve knowledge with 100% accuracy. Further, it provides contextual disambiguation, and provides universal grammar.

What I am trying to understand is if what I am claiming about the semantic data structure makes any sense to any db experts. I guess I'm talking a different language... Would love to find a common road to get to Rome.

I'd be happy to send more information by email to anyone that might have a deeper interest. I've attached another document discussing how we may utilize this structure as a next gen semantic web architecture.

Thanks again!

Wick