Re: Dropping ACID - was Re: does a table always need a PK?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:25:06 -0400

<bbadour_at_golden.net>wrote:
> > "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne_at_acm.org> wrote in message
> >> It will take a good deal more
> >> than that to satisfactorily justify it being a good idea to drop ACID
> >> altogether.
> >
> > I had to read that twice. The first time I somehow perceived it as
saying
> > something about "being a good idea to drop ACID together", which has a
> > strangely different meaning.
>
> Too much LDS in the '60s?

Like most people my age, I took very little LSD during the first 4.5 years of life. However, related words like acid, psychodelic, trip, drop etc. have been part of the colloquial english language for my entire tenure as an english speaker, which probably started somewhere around 1967. My memory of the era is a little hazy and is often mixed with obvious fantasy, though. And I have always been a little unconventional. So who knows? Received on Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:25:06 CEST

Original text of this message