Re: Do Data Models Need to built on a Mathematical Concept?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 12:53:10 -0700

> > > Well, I just don't see this happening.
> > > When do you *ever* need to be able to do that?
> >
> > Nearly all humans, in the past, now, and in the future do this
> > practically every single day of their life: related things, any two
> > things in various types of relations.
>
> ...Relating arbitary things is not how the mind works...

My point was not that animals/humans go about relating things arbitrarily or for no reason. My point was that they have the ability to relate arbitrary things when the situation arises and that such situations arise all the time.

> Can I suggest you take a look at the 'Thinking Machines' chapter of Steven
> Pinker's provocatively titled, but extremely good book: 'How the Mind Works'.

Thanks. Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 21:53:10 CEST

Original text of this message