Re: Need help/advice for database structure

From: Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:51:24 -0000

"Oodie" <v_rs_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b2dda4bd.0303022202.14306add_at_posting.google.com...
> I need to build a system to manage some shipping/postal vendors.
[snip]
> The problem is, although they have the same nature of business, their
> operations can be very different one another.
[snip]
> I've seen other applications create one set of tables which is
> customized for every vendor.
[snip]
> I feel that this is the same as mapping each vendor
> business, and it's a humongous task. Can anyone help me please?

So you want to build a system for a number of vendors but don't want to understand ('map') their individual businesses?

Maybe you need to reconsider what you are getting yourself into?

Regards
Paul Vernon
Business Intelligence, IBM Global Services Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 19:51:24 CET

Original text of this message