Looking for a book on databases (in general)

From: Matthew Wollman <wollman_at_fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:23:20 -0500

Excuse me, sorry to bother you guys, but I don't know where to start or exactly what I'm looking for. Part of my job description just got changed and I'm going to have to do a lot of work with databases of all types, Paradox, Access, Oracle, and SQL. I'm not by myself in this there are a few of my colleagues that have been assigned the same responsibilities that know a lot more than I do. I know nothing really about databases except what the do. I'm trying to find a book that would teach about all types of databases and theory. Not specific like creating queries in Oracle, but more like what is a query, how it works with multiple tables, what relationships between tables mean, etc. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank You,
Matt Wollman Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 15:23:20 CET

Original text of this message