Re: Looking for a book on databases (in general)

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:49:43 -0500

Fundamentals of Database Systems, Elmasri/Navathe, McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0-3211-8095-X or 0-8053-1755-4 (listed as not available, but it is the same book under the other ISBN). Talks about theory as well as some implementation in Access, SQL, and Oracle.

You may also want to take a look at an easy-to-use interface, Lotus Approach. It can act as a front end to all of the data sources you mentioned, and even join tables directly among all the various sources.