Re: database design question

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:06:54 GMT

"danjourno" <danjourno_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:3e0c4f89$0$25755$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au:

> i am having a problem trying to figure out which way to go with
> adding multilingual support to my database.

Depending on the DBMS vendor, you may not have to do much of anything. Oracle provides translation via its NLS files which are settable per user. Setting up the Instance with UTF8 is the ticket.

Research the DBMS you'll be using and see what they provide, then you can decide what, if any support you'll need in the ERD.

HTH

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com