Grid Files and R-Trees

From: Ian <kellizer(NOSPAM)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:50:45 -0000

Hi all.
I'am interested in the grid file concept, as discussed in "The Grid File: An Adaptable, Symmetric multkey file structure"by Niwvergelt, H. HinterBerger, Sevcik. I'am also interested in the R-Tree, and belive they are related.

I'am interested in how it can be adapted for Database management systems, what benefits over the B-Tree is achieved? What the differance between the grid file and an R-Tree?

would anyone have implemented the structure? Or know of any source code on the net?

I would like to implement the grid file in Java?

Kind Regards

Ian Received on Fri Dec 27 2002 - 07:50:45 CST