Re: Data conversion between various schemas

From: Joseph R. Hudicka <jhudicka_at_ia-team.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2002 06:39:15 -0700

I have published a series of white papers this year entitled, "Setting the Record Straight". Data migration is not a technical problem - it is a business problem, and should be handled as such.

ETL's are not the answer, but they can be a component of the solution.  We have documented a thorough methodology for data migration, that focuses exclusively on a linear project time line, eliminating the widely-known and substantively flawed, "Spiral Methodology".

Please let me know if you would like me to send you a copy of the series. Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 15:39:15 CEST

Original text of this message