Data Migration Methodologies -- FoxPro to Access

From: Joseph R. Hudicka <jhudicka_at_ia-team.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2002 05:13:13 -0700

I am the author of the first paper on your database theory search list, "The Complete Data Migration Methodology". Since publishing that paper, we have developed a set of comprehensive deliverables and project management tools to significantly improve the flow of a migration effort.

I have to admit, it's generally geared towards medium to large migration efforts, due to the exponential complexity that occurs when integrating data sets from multiple systems.

But, all migrations suffer from the same inherent data quality and procedural flaws, so the migration is relevant to any situation.

What exactly are you seeking help with?

We are about to release a survey on Data Migration Experiences in conjunction with a book we are writing on the subject. If anyone would be interested in participating in the survey, please respond. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 14:13:13 CEST

Original text of this message