Class modeling & ER modeling

From: Stu <smcgouga_at__at_yaho.com_>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:23:20 +0100

I am trying to model my database with an EER diagram. This works fine. Then I move on to do a class diagram for my visual basic (OO) program. This is also fine.

But when I take a step back and look at what I have done I see that the Class diagram is almost _exactly_ the same as the EER diagram (table = class, field = attribute). The only difference is that my class diagrams have methods associated with them.

This can't be right: I am basically just duplicating the DB structure in memory (twice since ill need to fetch the data too!) This has happened to every project I have started.

Does any body know any books/urls to help me distinguish between my class diagrams and my EER diagrams? Or does anybody have some hints for me?

Also is there a group for class diagrams? I could not find one.

cheers
stu Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 16:23:20 CEST

Original text of this message