Re: Avoiding New Fields Causing Ambiguity Errors

From: Nis Jorgensen <nis_at_dkik.dk>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:02:37 +0200

On 15 May 2002 12:38:40 -0700, lennart_at_kommunicera.umea.se (Lennart Jonsson) wrote:

>> It seems that some database engines don't let one use
>> alias columns within WHERE clauses for some odd
>> reason.
>
>Sounds odd enough :-) How does one join a table with it self without using alias?
>Can you provide the name of the db so I know what to avoid in the future ;-)

There is a difference between "column aliases" and "table aliases". The first are defined in the SELECT, and might therefore not be available in the WHERE-clause (and certainly cannot be available in the FROM-clause.

--
Nis Jorgensen
Amsterdam

Please include only relevant quotes, and reply below the quoted text. Thanks