handling database procedures in an object

From: Rainer Hahnekamp <kilohard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:35:17 +0100

hello everybody,

since i am a beginner in OOP programming, I have lots of questions and very much to learn. But there is one question, where I would need a quick answer: It is said, that there should be at least one object, that handles the input and output with the database.
I do not understand, how this should work. I mean, should there be only one function, that gets over a SQL Statement-string, and returns after execution a recordset?
How should this work? Do I understand the basics or am I completely wrong?

Thanks in advance,

-Rainer Hahnekamp Received on Mon Mar 11 2002 - 22:35:17 CET

Original text of this message