Re: DB required to list multiple D.I.V.O.R.C.E.S. & Re-marriages

From: <paul.vernon_at_uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:51:49 +0000

No need to duck, well not from me at least. I just forgot the smiley (didn't think it was needed...) . NULLs are indeed a travesty of the relational model.
I came across this oldish article on the subject recently. http://www.chimu.com/publications/tupleMarks/index.html#TOC I've not read it in detail, but it sounds like a possible compromise to the (unproven) problem of relvar proliferation in a fully normailsed database.

Regards
Paul Vernon Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 16:51:49 CET

Original text of this message