Re: Any attempts to define an instance of Date/Darwen's 'D' language (and implement it ?)

From: <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:51:28 +0000

Hi Kieran.
It's good to see someone else on this group mention this seminal work in database theory.

After I first read the first edition a couple of years back, I had exactly the same thought. Almost worth going back to University for...

The closest I have found to an implementation of 'D' is the LEAP project. See http://leap.sourceforge.net/info.htm for the details. It might be just what you are looking for.

Regards
Paul Vernon

P.S. dbdebunk is a great web site, although it looks as though Fabian Pascal has stopped updating it for the moment. I hope that this is only temporary (or maybe he is just busy on a D implementation. :-) P.P.S If you want to read more of Date's writings, try http://www.brcommunity.com/ Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 16:51:28 CET

Original text of this message