Re: Advice Required !!!

From: Paul Linehan <linehanp_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:04:29 GMT

This, of course, is a matter of opinon. I personally would go for Firebird (www.ibphoenix.com) which is Borland's InterBase but properly opensourced.

> 2. What could be the possible issues considering following things :

> a. We use heavy Pro*C code in our system.

It has a "c" api.

> b. We have a SQL scripts to take care of some of the things.

Doesn't every database?

> c. We have some PL/SQL code which we use.

This will probably have to be rewritten - though I personally have found PL/SQL to be very like Pascal - you might want to look at Delphi?

IMHO. Paul...

--
Paul Linehan

plinehan at yahoo dot com/linehanp at tcd dot ie

I drink to keep body and
soul apart - O. Wilde.

"Mens sana in campari soda" - anon.