Re: Form Design Theory

From: Adam Steiner <ajsteiner_at_aol.comnospam>
Date: 25 Nov 2001 20:34:45 GMT

Bill,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I had some midterms I was studying for and fell behind on my newsgroups.

I see what you're saying with respect to have a form dedicated to only a single 'idea'. However, I think you might be incorrect on whether users like it more or less.

For instance, let's say I have a form, we'll call it frmMain. frmMain is a form for a real estate contract, and displays information from tblClient (clients involved), tblLawyer (lawyer involved) tblBroker (broker involved) tblMortgage (bank involved). For someone entering the information, to go and have to hit the Tab key to move from field to field (or tab to tab) might be easier and faster than to open up another form. Yes, it is harder to code, but all of the books I've read so far say that you're job as a developer is to develop the application for the user, and in most cases, if it takes more work for you, so be it.

What are your thoughts on it? I have no experience on this issue and this application I'm designing is my first. But I'm eager to learn.

Adam Received on Sun Nov 25 2001 - 21:34:45 CET

Original text of this message