Re: OR DB design

From: serafim <serafim_at_nada.kth.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:37:39 +0200

Steve Long wrote:

> you're new to this stuff aren't you ?

What kind of shitty comment is this?
Saying nothing may be done by being silent. Try it!

Matthew Beale wrote:
> Why arent Object relatoinal Databases better accepted by the
> commercial community?

This is not correct. All the big vendors have "universal" RDBMS servers on their program. The term (coined by the late Informix corporation, I think) stands for an RDMBS extended with object capabilities. Apart from Informix, also IBM, Oracle, Sybase, postgreSQL, ..... and many more have it.

On my system there are five database servers. They are all ORDBMS. All with a different approach to OR, but all the same, they all have OR capabilities.

/Serafim Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 10:37:39 CEST

Original text of this message