Re: Flamewar object databases vs. relational databases

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 18:29:45 -0700

> >You should be able to find the articles on www.acm.org in the digital
> >library. There was a series of exchanges in SIGMOD after the Third
> >Manifesto was published. Now if you're uncomfortable with refereed
> >exchanges, stick with Date/Pascal's Database Debunking site. There you'll
> >get the true faith, and come to understand why UML and XML are such rubbish
> >when exposed to the beauty of the relational model. :)
> >

> There are 9 quotes on citeseer.nj.nec.com, please elaborate which ones are
> relevant?

I got 16 hits on citeseer -- many of the citations agreed with Third Manifesto and used Manifesto to support their ideas.

I printed out some of the others where it was not clear from the context blurbs whether the authors agreed with Third Manifesto, ignored Third Manifesto or disagreed with Third Manifesto. Some of the articles are quite long, so I have sorted them by length.

So far, it doesn't look good. At least two of the shorter articles simply ignore Manifesto in spite of including it in the bibliography. Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 03:29:45 CEST

Original text of this message