Re: OT look at my project AlgebraDB :)

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.win.tue.nl>
Date: 13 Apr 2001 10:02:23 GMT

Peter Hanusiak wrote:
> Mikito Harakiri <Mikito_member_at_newsranger.com> wrote:
> > In article <987068349.898048_at_cdwork.cvt.stuba.sk>, Peter Hanusiak says...
> >>
> >> I'm trying to develop another relational database. Try to look at
> >>algebradb.sourceforge.net .
> >>
> > No whitepaper or reference to other documentation -- good start...
> I'm making this only 3 weeks. In next week I will write some,
> at this point I can give you a link
> http://www.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~sturc/personal/datasem.ps
>
> > BTW, is your algebra of infinite tables safe?
> Did you mean safe formulas?

Since you want to represent your tables in a computer you will have to introduce some kind of restriction like 'tables are recursively enumerable' or 'recursively decidable'. The question then is what operations presever these properties.

Do you know the following article?

  Tirza Hirst and David Harel. Completeness results for recursive data   bases. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 52(3):522-536, June   1996

--
  Jan Hidders