Re: synchronisation of parallel databases

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:51:16 -0700

"Toxeus" <Toxeus_at_mine.be> wrote in message <news:9b2gof$84p$1_at_news.planetinternet.be>...

> could anyone help me with the following. I'm writing a paper for school
> about Teradata DBMS. My teacher told me, he wanted to know more about
> synchronising parallel databases. What does he mean by this and where could
> I find information about this item?

Teradata might somehow split large databases into a set of smaller ones, which could evaluate queries independently and then combine the results into the final result. On the other hand, perhaps it supports multimaster  database synchronization, like Microsoft Access, though if so I hope Teradata does a better job of resolving update conflicts! True, that's somewhat unfair, since Access' default conflict resolver can be replaced with VBA code.

I guess we need to know exactly what "parallel databases" means.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster_at_ricochet.net>    Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to