Re: Flat-File Vs. Text-File

From: Tom Leary <tleary1_at_qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:15:55 -0800

Generally, a Flat File contains data in a consistent format that can easily be parsed out. A Text File has no such constraints and could be anything from the Flat File type data to a Novel. They are not exclusive, all Flat Files are Text Files, but not all Text Files can be parsed by data structure.

HTH, Tom