Version Control on DBContent

From: Cory L Hubert <clhubert_at_iguanastudios.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:12:07 -0400

    Hello. I am using programming java based system that needs to be able to keep track of changes to any given content. Similar to the way a Visual SourceSafe or a CVS, but only for content. In order to do this I have to

  1. Make the information temporal ( Add Start and End Dates to the Content in the database)
  2. Append the user who changed the content in a modifided history table.
  3. Be able to compare two version of the content and automatically pinpoint it's differences.

    I am not sure if I am taking the correct approach. Number 1 will require many copies of information that is similar. Number 2 is no problem. But Number 3 seems like it will be a lot of work!!!!

    Any Suggestions. Any API's or Software packages that could do this? Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 19:12:07 CEST

Original text of this message