Re: database normalization

From: <joe_celko_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/04

>> I don't know for sure, but I think InfoModeler has been rolled into
Visio 5 Enterprise. <<

Yes, and I have a review copy, but have not played with it.

>> Hey, Joe, do you have any other books in the pipeline? <<

Just the current four:

INSTANT SQL, Wrox Press, 1995, ISBN 1-874416-50-8 (US $29.95), with diskettes. This is a basic intro to SQL for programmers who already have a anguage or two. It includes a two diskette set WATCOM SQL runtime version 4.0.

SQL FOR SMARTIES, Morgan-Kaufmann, 1995, ISBN 1-55860-576-3 (US $44.95). This is the advanced SQL programming tips and tricks. It is also available in Japanese in 2000. Second edition

SQL PUZZLES & ANSWERS, Morgan-Kaufmann, 1997, ISBN 1-55860-453-7. The puzzles are a compilation from my columns in DBMS and DATABASE PROGRAMMING & DESIGN magazines (both magazines consolidated inteo INTELLIGENT ENTERPRISE in 1998 September) . They include new, never before published puzzles plus new solutions to previously published puzzles. I try to demonstrate the thought processes that are involved in attacking a problem from a SQL perspective.

DATA & DATABASES, Morgan-Kaufmann, 1999, ISBN 1-55860-???-?, is my newest book. It is a look at theory and fundamentals rather than my usual practical tips.

--CELKO-- Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message