Re: Indexed File Implementation

From: Doug Pierce <piercdm_at_hpd.abbott.com>
Date: 2000/01/04

Well a good place to start might be, W. Richard Steven's "Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" It has a chapter or two implementing a database library in C from the ground up. There are a lot of good index examples, I think the K&R book has a little b-tree implementation. If you are really that interested, check out the papers and code from berkley (http://cs.berkley.edu/ , I believe. Also, there is a book, I don't remember who wrote it, called something like "Practical Algorithms for C Programmers" that might help a lot. And I believe Knuth's "Art of Computer Programming volume 3" (or maybe 2) has a bunch of search algorithms, but the source code is all in MIX. You might want to use PostgresSQL, and write your own indexing module.

Good Luck,
Doug