Re: Indexed File Implementation

From: Bruce C. Baker <bcbaker_at_mail.msy.bellsouth.net>
Date: 2000/01/01

Joseph P. Frazee wrote in message ...
>I'm working on a little personal project and need some database stuff. I
>passed over the free SQL's because I thought this could be some good
>programming experience.
>
>Question #1: should I use a lib like g/n/dbm.h for my database file
>implementation or is it decently worth while to write my own
>implementations for an indexed file (B-tree perhaps)
>
>Question #2: if it is decently worthwhile to attempt this, can someone
>possibly give me a push (lucid code examples, documentation, books) as to
>how this is generally achieved (using B-trees)
>

>I've never really taken any db programming classes, so I know I'm in for
>some heavy work, but I do have some general idea of what needs to be
>done.
>

>Thanks,
>

>Joseph P. Frazee
>jpf3_at_po.cwru.edu

You might want to see if you can get your hands on a copy of:

C Database Development, Second Edition; Stevens, Al MIS Press; 10/1990;

A complete although non-SQL database system implemented in ANSI C. Unfortunately, fatbrain (formerly Computer Literacy) indicates the book is out of print. Received on Sat Jan 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message