Re: How to build database to support user-specified entities and attributes?

From: Steve Jorgensen <nospam_at_nospam.nospam>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:04:45 -0800

First, I would limit capabilities to the following: 1. Custom player attributes.
2. Custom detail types with custom attributes.

Next, you can support multiple data types at the user interface level, but don't try to do it with actual field types. Use 255 character text (varchar(255) unless you're in Access).

Now, so support customization, let each club have their own label names for each custom player attribute, and let them have their own detail type records where each detail type defines the label names for the custom detail attributes.