Re: How to build database to support user-specified entities and attributes?

From: Kunle Odutola <noemails_at_replyToTheGroup.nospam.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:17:37 +0000 (UTC)

"Steve Jorgensen" <nospam_at_nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:av9j311ieqaob5f3hb5oivjlsfps39pmc6_at_4ax.com...

Hi Steve,

Please expand on your message, I'm not sure I fully understand your proposed solution.

> First, I would limit capabilities to the following:
> 1. Custom player attributes.
> 2. Custom detail types with custom attributes.

What would be the "master" of the custom detail types. Please note that the entity may not be directly related to a player. It might be about football boots for instance.

> Now, so support customization, let each club have their own label names
for
> each custom player attribute, and let them have their own detail type
records
> where each detail type defines the label names for the custom detail
> attributes.

I'm not sure I'm follow this bit at all. What are label names and where are they stored?. Ditto "detail type records". How would you express the essence of your proposal in DDL/DML?

Kunle Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 17:17:37 CET

Original text of this message