Re: Comparison of DB2 and Oracle?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:32:12 -0700

michael newport wrote:

>>>So why buy Oracle when Ingres is free.
>>
>>If you use Oracle like you use Ingres, you are absolutely correct.

> Its just a database. You use it as you need to, to do your job.
> See previous post for comparisons on how to do this.

Having stuck your foot into your mouth I was assuming you wouldn't follow up by trying to swallow it. You claim to be a database developer but your posts read like a first year Java newbie.

> Yes Ingres has changed significantly in the last 7 years.
> It is also free.
> That is $400 dollars saved.
> Now imagine if you were a large company.

$400 is less than we spend in a week for free softdrinks for our employees. Get a life.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington