Re: Wrong no of type of arguments for field called 'keywords'

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:29:17 GMT

Cherry wrote:

> Thanks to Guy Quesnel for this - -
>
> It seems that the problem is 1) the column is a CLOB in both tables
> but the stored procedure that is called accepts a varchar2 as a
> parameter. So, here's my next question---
>
> Is there any way to perform a substring type function against a
> CLOB???

From the explanation of the SUBSTR function in the SQL Reference manual at http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage

"string can be any of the datatypes CHAR, VARCHAR2, NCHAR, NVARCHAR2, CLOB, or NCLOB. The return value is the same datatype as string. Floating-point numbers passed as arguments to SUBSTR are automatically converted to integers."

You might want to bookmark http://docs.oracle.com as many of these types of questions are answered quickly from the online documentation.

/Hans Received on Thu May 20 2004 - 21:29:17 CEST

Original text of this message