Looking for some help on a simple command....

From: <mooxe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:14:13 -0700

(Im a newbie at oracle)

I have a field in my database called "gamesplayed" and I would like that to display the total of 'opwin' & 'oplost' automatically. Sort of like adding a formula to a field in excel, but I cant figure out how to do this or if its even possible.

example:

'opwin' 9
'oplost' 19
'gamesplayed' 28 (i would like this field to update automatically)

I am thinking I just add the command "select sum(opwin+oplost) from gametable;" to 'gamesplayed', but how?

Andrew Received on Fri May 21 2004 - 02:14:13 CEST

Original text of this message