Re: Trouble with importing EXP

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:33:39 GMT

Caie wrote:
> Oracle wizards and muggles!
>
> I'm on a tight deadline here - any help you can offer is gratefully
> accepted. Here's the problem:

> I'm doing some development with Microsoft ODBC for Oracle via Access
> (I've not got time to learn PL/SQL and so any code will be with built
> in Queries, Forms and VBA).

<off topic rant>
Sadly you are likely going to leave your client in a lurch in the long run simply because you will be using the wrong development techniques and designing towards the limitations of the database you know. Thus, you are giving all of us Oracle consultants a lousy name - a true professional, knowing his limitations and believing the customer deserves the correct/best answer, would have walked. </off topic rant>

Do yourself the favour of briefly reviewing the sample tutorial found at http://otn.oracle.com/obe/start - that will help you get more comfortable with the various pieces of this jigsaw puzzle in a fairly timely fashion.

> This is the problem. When I try to login to the Enterprise Management
> Console with a Login to the OMS I need to supply an Administrator,
> Password and Management Server. What are these fields? I've not set
> up an Administrator to my knowledge and as the software is downloaded
> only to my PC what am I supposed to do about a Management server? Is
> there no way to import the EXP file without some kind of an
> alternative set up?

The alternative is to use the command line 'imp' command which can be used to import that which has been exported. This is fully documented in the Oracle Utilities manual available at http://docs.oracle.com

/Hans Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 14:33:39 CET

Original text of this message