Limiting Table Access

From: Wesley <wesleypad_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:43:53 GMT

Hi, I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I am creating a adhoc site which will allow remote users to view and create reports from our database.

All the users data is mixed together and is stored in single tables, I have found that I can create a View Table for each User in order to limit them to their data only.

My problem is all the SQL statments created for the adhoc site are spefic to a user. Not very portable.

I have thought of using the SYNONYMS command but this seem to require each user having there own Login/Password setup to the Oracle database. I am trying to do this all though one Login/Password to the database.

It seems I need a method to redefine the View Names during a connection only.

Any help will be appreciated. Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 16:43:53 CET

Original text of this message