Re: Linked Server to Oracle

From: David Penney <anon_at_noone.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:05:18 +0000 (UTC)

Lyndon
thats one way to go - MetaMatrix does it a faster way without having the overhead to write then read the data into the second database to do a join. ts also quicker to deliver because the operatioin is specified in a graphical modeling tool. Its also quicker to maintain than the soluution you found. The product also transforms the data into a diffeerent datamodel & can do reads & writes. Effectively the two databases are federated into a Virtual Database with its own specific schema.

However if your solution is fast enough & a single limited case seems a good solution for you, for more complex requirements its not optimal.

Regards,

             Davd