Re: Adding

From: Folke Larsson <folke.larsson_at_bredband.net>
Date: 7 Feb 2004 07:47:54 -0800

> > Hi all. Atm i am writing special system to store and restore
> > information. There were diffirent ideas how to do this, all have
> > pluses and minuses. Finally we desided to write system, what is
> > creating stored procedures and function by inputed architecture. Now i
> > have dilemma.

Hello Ger

I don't understand your question either and really don't recognice the terminology, particulary that hierarchy things. I thinking on the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE you are using.
I think that the first time the block in the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE is used it has to be compiled and that takes some time. After that it will be in RAM and executes mush faster. Are you by the way getting information out from EXECUTE IMMEDIATE? If Yes, then how ? Tables or package variables ? Stored code will certainly speed up the time, and probably reusing the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE blocks. If your code works today, it could be a tuning issue as someone else pointed out.

Regards

Folke Larsson Received on Sat Feb 07 2004 - 16:47:54 CET

Original text of this message